Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Happy Birthday, sweet thing!

This week's Play Date Cafe challenge is to use the following colours: mint, tulip, coral and soft yellow. I was stumped by this challenge, but then the idea of an ice cream cone came to me. I only seem to use Papertrey Ink's Sweet Thing stamp set in the summer and I hadn't used it yet this year. It was high time!

Here is my card:


Although I used the colours for the challenge, I didn't stick to the inspiration photos. My colours seem a lot brighter. As I said in an earlier post, you just never know where the inspiration will take you when you are creating a card!



Card ingredients:

Stamps: PTI Sweet As Can Be
Paper: PTI white, Bitty Dot Basics DP, SU! crumb cake
Ink: versafine onyx black
Accessories: PTI Sweet As Can Be dies, texture plate, dimensionals

Have a great day!

Melisa


2 comments:

  1. hmm, seems like we both have a sweet tooth today! Love the way the scoops are lopsided a bit...cool realistic look! I think a trip to Scoopz is in order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want some ice cream! So darling. Thanks for sharing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week! :)

    ReplyDelete